sl4mmy in Bangalore

Monday, July 25, 2005

Lunch with TWI

Today (Sunday) was a great day! Some of the local ThoughtWorkers not associated with ThoughtWorks University decided to organize a lunch for the TWUers so we could learn more about "The Real" ThoughtWorks. Sadly, I can't remember the name of the restaurant we went to (on the 4th floor of a hotel near Church Street), but the food was delicious!

And I got to try "real" sweet paan for the first time (as opposed to the packaged paan at MTR); I didn't "not like it" so much as I didn't dislike it (ya dig?), but I'm not sure I'll try it again. Ah, who am I kidding? Of course I will! ;-)

After lunch, we split into 2 groups: one went shopping on commercial street, the other went to play snooker at a place on Brigade Road. I made the right choice by going with the snooker people, because it rained pretty heavily all afternoon and into the early evening. We didn't get to play long, however, because a group came in that had already reserved the table we were on, so we went to a local coffee shop, Java City, to listen to some live jazz. This was followed by another trip to The 13th Floor. I had a splitting headache, so I didn't enjoy the bar too much, but towards the end of the evening I met the owner of a local steel & plastic company who invited me to go golfing with him sometime. I'm not sure if I'll take him up on the offer (I'm not much of a golfer, you see), but it was still really cool talking to him and his wife (have I mentioned how friendly everyone is here?).

All in all, another great day!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home