sl4mmy in Bangalore

Wednesday, July 20, 2005

After another long day of class, Peter and Deven (both graduates of the first Bootcamp) took us to Purple Haze. Its similar to Styx, but bigger, more laid back, and with a wider variety of music (heavy-metal, hard rock, and classic rock, mostly). Also, it has prettier girls. :)

At one point, our table was empty except for Vyv and I, and a group of locals sat down and started talking to us; two of them were helicopter pilots, and the third was a software engineer. They didn't mention it at the time, but we found out later that the Indian Space Agency is headquartered here in Bangalore, and they do a lot of helicopter research and experimentation there. I wonder if the pilots were part of that program?

I also had an interesting experience this morning calling Dad to wish him "Happy Birthday." All day yesterday I kept thinking "It's the 19th; I have to call Dad for his birthday." And each time, I would have to remind myself "No, wait; it's still the 18th in Chicago." My body has fully adjusted to the time difference here, but my mind hasn't. Doh!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home