sl4mmy in Bangalore

Friday, July 15, 2005

Too much has happened this week for me to bother recapping it all, but a few highlights:

1). I love ThoughtWorks
2). I love India

The people here (both the experienced ThoughtWorkers and the freshers) are amazing, and I have made some really great friends with people from all over the world (unfortunately, ThoughtWorks Australia is on a different recruiting schedule, so no Aussies).

One funny story, and then I'm gonna go (Kent, say "Hello!" to Traveler's Diarrhea). There's a laundromat here in the Diamond District which advertises "Dry Cleaning and Laundry," so I took them a load of underwear to wash. I specifically told the guy I wanted them *laundered*, but they actually dry cleaned everything. So, yeah; I spent US$16 to have my underwear dry cleaned! They must think I'm an idiot ("Why did that foreigner bring us his socks?!").

Ah, well.... Live and learn.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home